Tuesday, January 5, 2016



Ringing in the past and not the New Year in 2016.
awesome, cards, forever love, girls, love, quotes, real life
Happy New Year’s everyone!

The first of the year is usually associated with new beings, new goals, and a new wave of inspiration. I realized I am stating the obvious, but why don’t we say I’ve grown, changed, or have more experience and wisdom.

What about revisiting a past failure, or a forgotten dream, how about that unfinished novel, and try to fix it.

Towards the end of the year, I laid another heavy enormous stone on the foundation of my writing career, stop writing on my first novel and threw it to the side. My frustrations with Murphy and his stupid laws who no doubt conspired with Father Time in a lack of no time, anger at my own weaknesses in my craft, all seemed to add to the burden of carrying the heavy stone on my back.

The truth, I needed to start fresh.  I set the stone that was my novel down next to the other stones, relieving my body and mind of an emotional roller coaster. Then I climbed back down the large steps of the uncompleted pyramid which is a reflection of my writing, and started gathering the tools, clay and mortar to create a new book.

Many of you might take this as a failure, it is not. The novella I completed gave me additional tools I didn’t have before. In 2015 I found more knowledge to prefect my craft, and so instead of saying I am going to start the “New Year right” with, a new positive outlook, new goals or new novel. 

I am going back to my past novel, or failed goal and take what I’ve learned from 2015 and start sculpting by applying my recent experiences and wisdom to see if I can finish my novel in 2016. If it doesn't get completed, that’s OK too, I can do a lot of growing in a year.

My challenge to you, take what you learn in 2015 and go back to a past failure, goal, task or even a relationship and see if you can fix the problem or get a different result. You might be surprised, at the amount of growing you did throughout the year.

Ringing the past, Electra Gajdos.

No comments: