Saturday, October 19, 2013

My writing quilt

I found this diagram in Writer's Digest. It's a witty take on the writing process. Also, it fits me since I spend more time procrastinating than writing. I showed it to my friend at work. She's an avid quilter and I joked that she should make a quilt of the diagram. To my surprise, she was eager to try it and now it's the newest addition to my office. (She got permission from the author). Whenever I get discouraged, I glance at it and I can't help but chuckle.





Here's a sample of one of the procrastination/distraction branches:

Drink-
         -Water-----Here's hoping your prose is more interesting than your vices

or 
          -Alcohol----Read biography of Hunter S. Thompson-----Proceed with caution; avoid Vegas

or
          -Coffee---Just know that your readers can tell when you've had more than 3 cups



Follow the green circles in the next two pics.

















Follow the blue circles in the next two pics.







Quotes were intertwined for an added touch.




To read more about a writer's journey feel free to visit my blog at Lynn Doezema.

2 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

I LOVE the quilt! Can you bring it to a meeting sometime?

Lynn Doezema said...

Sure!