Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blog Therapy: Writing when you have nothing to write about

Someone once said you should write about what you know, and I know sometimes I simply have too much going on in my life to give my creative writing the time it deserves. So, over the last 10 months or so, since I have moved to Michigan and joined the writer's group, when I have been uninspired to write on my creative projects, I have taken to a blog I created on the move from Vermont to Michigan of my wife, TJ, our dog, Rastus, and yours truly.

Those of you who have ready my blogs here before have heard this before, if not read my blog before, but writing about the move and becoming accustom to my new home has helped me break out of writing funks and get moving on other projects.

This link is for my latest bit of blog therapy:

The Ties that Bind; The Ties that Break

I don't know it the blog entries have done anything more than keep my friends and family a  little in tune with my life ... I used to be a great letter writer; now I send cool post cards to people to tell them "Hi". But I know all writing is good for writer if not the reader.

Thanks for reading.

KD

No comments: