Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Benefits of Coconut Oil



Hello Everyone! I hope all is well with you. I’m Lisa Orchard the bestselling author of the Super Spies series and I’m back today to talk about Coconut Oil.

Yes Coconut Oil. It has huge health benefits. In my opinion, Coconut Oil is most likely the wonder drug of this century.  It can heal all kinds of woes. Here’s a list:

Acne
Improves Diabetes
Helps with Weight Loss
Improves Alzheimer’s
…And many others. To get more information on Coconut Oil click this link.


I thought I would just take one health issue and explain how Coconut Oil helps it. The one I’d like to tackle is Alzheimer’s disease.

Recent research has shown a correlation between diet and Alzheimer’s disease, more importantly cholesterol and Alzheimer’s disease.  This is important because our medical advisors have been telling us for years we need to lower cholesterol for our health. Now we’re finding there is a strong relationship between cholesterol in our body and mental health.

Cholesterol is important for our brain.  Our brain composes only 2% of our total body mass but contains 25% of the total cholesterol.  So, we can arguably draw the conclusion that our brains need cholesterol to function.

One in four Americans over the age of forty-five are prescribed a cholesterol lowering drug. Many researchers are wondering if there is a correlation between the astronomical rise of Alzheimer’s disease and the rise of many Americans taking these cholesterol lowering drugs, called Statins.

So, what should someone do, who has high cholesterol and is at a high risk of heart disease due to this fact?

Well, overwhelming information has been gathered and it’s illustrating that Coconut Oil has in fact improved and even reversed some of the symptoms of Alzheimer’s. So, the conclusion I’m drawing is…if your doctor prescribes a statin for you. It might a good idea to add Coconut Oil to your diet to counteract the negative effects of the statin. 

Now, I’m not a doctor and this is just my opinion…but it’s something to ask your doctor about if you find yourself in that situation.  

To learn more about this research on Coconut Oil and its effects on Alzheimer’s Disease  click the link below/

There is also evidence that Coconut Oil improves Parkinson’s disease and helps with ALS. Researchers have been looking for cures for these diseases for years and have come up empty. Wouldn’t it be a real kick in the pants if it were something natural that cured all this?

Just think about it. These huge drug companies doing all this research to create drugs to solve these health issues and all it would take is a couple of tablespoons of Coconut Oil a day. J It’s kind of humorous isn’t it?

You know, I’m thinking of a career change…maybe I’ll become a Coconut farmer. J Just kidding! Well…maybe I’m a little serious!

Coconut Oil can be found in any health food store or believe it or not on Amazon. J (They have everything don’t they?)

Here’s the link to Amazon for a 16 oz. jar of it.


Thanks for reading my post today on the benefits of Coconut Oil.  I’d love to read your thoughts on it; so leave a comment and share! J

****I’d also like to thank http://coconutoil.com/ for some of the information provided in this post.




10 comments:

Sharon Ledwith said...

Honestly, Lisa, those drug companies would lose millions if we all went back to natural healing methods, using them more as suppliments and preventative measures. Great post, girl!

Rita Monette, Writer said...

I'm a firm believer that there is something in nature to fix any problems with our bodies. The trick is to know what they are. Thanks for the tip on coconut oil.

Lisa Orchard said...

Thanks for stopping by Sharon and Rita! I agree with both of you and I appreciate your feedback on my post. It might be a good time to invest in a Coconut Farm. ;)

Teresa said...

Interesting post. I know that using natural oils has its benefits but I have not looked into using Coconut Oil before. Will be doing some additional reading on this. My mother-in-law passed away from ALS last year. I wish I had seen this before. We would have tried anything to make her more comfortable.

Thanks for sharing. Visiting from ShareFest.

Cheryl said...

Mixed with cornstarch and baking soda, it also makes a great deodorant.

Lisa Orchard said...

Thanks for stopping by Teresa and Cheryl. Teresa, I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law's passing. I'll be sending prayers your way and please do research Coconut Oil it has some amazing health benefits, in fact, there were too many to actually list in this post.

Cheryl, Thanks for the heads up! I never would have thought to use it as a deodorant. :) Just goes to show you that you learn something new everyday! :)

Brynn Paulin said...

Hi Lisa! I was amazed with the research I saw about coconut oil in the past year, and we've incorporated it into our diet at my house, purely because of the Alzheimer's studies. In our area, it's available in Meijer stores right along with the other oils.
Hugs!!
Brynn

Lisa Orchard said...

Good for you Brynn! I'm glad to hear it's stocked locally in Meijer! Thanks for the info and thanks for stopping by! :)

Jack Smiths said...

Thanks Lisa very nice post..!! Since coconut oil is very popular diet food there are approx 120 different uses for coconut oil benefits health. Of course, the list is therefore much too long, so let’s simply take a look at some of the most popular things for which this diet food is often used.

-By rubbing it on the inside of your nose, you can stop it running and prevent allergic attacks including hay fever.
-It is great to protect a newborn’s delicate skin from nappy rash and other irritants.
-Coconut oil can be used to lubricate guitar strings.
-The oil is perfect for massages, particularly with a few drops of essential oil as well.
-This type of oil can clear athlete’s foot or other fungus attacks on the skin.
-It is said to relieve the symptoms of colitis, which is one of the best uses of this diet food.
-etc.

Lisa Orchard said...

Thanks Jack for stopping by! I appreciate the extra information, because I can use it in my current WIP! :) Thanks again!