Thursday, May 16, 2013

This Crazy Life

Live, as I know it, is always changing, but I'm getting pretty tired of the changes that hvae come of late. First a dear friend found her cancer has spread, then my sister gets diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer, another friend recently lost her mother-in-law, and yet another lost her beloved dog (yes, fur kids 'count"). These kinds of "changes" I can do without.

The one kind of change I can deal with is changes that relate to my writing. Last week I flew out to be with my sister, help install her new organic garden, and to bake, bake, bake, and bake. Baking is one of my stress relievers During my major bake-fest, I developed a modified version of one of my quick breads using spelt flour and no sugr, along with a guaranteed soft-bake version of my favorite oatmeal cookies with an easy substitution.

That means, it's back to the recipes once again, a few more updates and some rearranging of my soon-to-be-released cookbook. I had targeted June for my self-published date, but I've yet to arrange to bake for the necessary photoshoot. I hope to do that soon.

Life is crazy, always has been. I could do with a little less crazy these days. I long for a single day of peace and quiet where I'm not thinking about work, yardwork, finances, writing, or any of the other mundane day-to-day concerns.

Someone please stop the world, I'd like to get off for at least one day!

No comments: