Friday, February 1, 2013

Wise Woman Says...

Image credit: anastasiiaku / 123RF Stock Photo

By Patricia Kiyono

Now that we're a month into the new year, the novelty of resolutions has died down for most of us. If you're like me, you may not have bothered to make any. I did make some promises to myself. And I have some things I would like to do, like write, finish, and publish some more books! So since the Chinese New Year begins this month I thought I'd take a look and see what the teachings of my ancestors would say about that. This is the year of the water snake, which means that this is a "good time to take on new things, educate yourself and open up new doorways. Travel to new places and unlock hidden secrets from within yourself…the most unexpected and creative ideas will be rewarded." (Read the full article)
I couldn't find any predictions pertaining specifically to writers, but I found this statement in a Huffington Post article by Debra Duneier, Master Feng Shui Practitioner: The year of the snake can be a prosperity year if you stay on budget and use your talents with conscious intention. And If you are having negative thoughts, stress, fear or doubt move them aside because the year of the snake will provide what you need. That sounds like encouragement. Of course, if you use your talents with conscious intention, that is a good step toward prosperity no matter what the year! (Read her article)
Anyway, I suppose I can use this as a reminder: if I don't put forth the effort, I'm not going to see results. If I don't make the conscious decision to sit down and write, the stories are not going to be told, and the books will not appear. So I'm going to end this now and start working on my next book. It's going to be great. And I have the added incentive of Winter Nano! I'm going to write 32K in four weeks. Look for the details by clicking on the GRRWG Challenges tab above or ask any of the GRRWG veterans. Good luck!

No comments: