Monday, January 14, 2013

Social Media: How to?

By Joselyn Vaughn

Don't ask me.

I find myself lost when I stare at my Facebook and Twitter feeds. What do I say? Do I have anything relevant or interesting? Will it be construed as spam? Does anyone even care? Will anything I do not be awkward?

In real life, I'm more of a listener than a talker - even more so now that I'm writing more. I don't jump into conversations unless I feel like I really fit in and I have something new to add. For some people, being online gives them more freedom, they can shake off their introvert tendencies and interact with people differently. I'm as much of an introvert online as I am in person.

I cringe when I read or hear advice to build a social platform on Facebook or Twitter or Google Plus or whatever then next big one is. I have no idea how.

What are some things that work for you on social media? What helps you connect with people and build relationships? 



I'm on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus. Feel free to join me there, but be warned, I have no idea what I'm doing. 

No comments: