Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Image credit: sellingpix / 123RF Stock Photo

By Patricia Kiyono

2013 promises to be a great year. Yes, I've seen the experts' thoughts on this and the predictions for weather, finance and politics are not very cheerful or encouraging, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is going to be a banner year. Why? I suppose part of it is because I'm an eternal optimist, but part of it is because I think that each person makes his or her own happiness. If I choose to dwell on the negative, then I'm not going to expect good things. So I focus on the good things. I have my health, a great family and a core of supportive, wonderful friends - like those I've met at GRRWG! How can I go wrong?

Added to this optimism, I've got the wonderful news that a book series I've begun collaborating on has been accepted and the first story is slated for release this month. It's a collection of stories about a group of women who belong to a quilting club, meeting weekly at a shop in southwest Michigan. Definitely close to home for me, since I belong to a similar group. My group meets at my church, and it's been a source of comfort and inspiration to me. And when inspiration hits, one has to seize it and run. 

I'm working on this project with a partner, which is another new adventure for me. Stephanie Michels has read and edited everything I've submitted to Astraea Press, but this time I'm so pleased that her name is going on the outside of the book. We're hoping this series will provide a lot of entertainment and food for thought for romance readers, since the subjects (members of the Stitching Post Quilt Guild) are of various ages and walks of life. There should be something for everyone!

So with great news like that, how can I miss? 2013 will definitely be a great year. Just look for the good news, and I'm sure it will be a great one for you, too.

1 comment:

Stephanie Michels, author said...

13 has always been my lucky number, Patty, so I'm looking forward to 2013, too.

I agree that thinking negatively closes a person off to all the good things going on around them. There is a lot of good in the world if you just look for it!

Of course, I'm also delighted to be partnering with you on the Stitching Post series.

I love happy endings!