Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The week before Christmas

This year I vowed to keep Christmas simple. I tried to do as much of my Christmas shopping online as possible, but last weekend I couldn't avoid the store since I had both regular and Christmas shopping to do.
It started off with a bang.

I'm walking into Target, trying to maintain my Zen and NOT rush around like a mad woman. I'm purposely walking a bit slower, just to overcompensate for the frenzied energy in the store. I do one of those half halts- like one of those rolling stops at a 4-way stop sign. I realize I can't get distracted by the cute umbrella. I continue onward, and notice a woman ahead of me, facing my direction. Her husband is pushing a red cart a little behind me. I'm still not sure if she was referring to me, but once he reaches her, she says,

NEXT TIME JUST TELL 'EM TO MOVE AND GET OUTTA YOUR WAY!!!!

Apparently he was 3 seconds past the time on her stop watch.
So much for Zen.

I became the mad woman that decided the quicker I could get out of the insanity, the better. I feel like I've been darting, dashing, and on the verge of a serious panic attack since that afternoon because the week before Christmas is much like the week before your wedding. Suddenly there is So Much To Do!

Take a minute for yourself. I promise I will since I'm still committed to simplifying Christmas. Ten minutes even. Clear your mind. Find a quiet spot without a TV or computer. Relax. Do something simple but special for yourself. I'm going to try out this new recipe I found called Righteously Rich Hot Cocoa. Chocolate restores Zen, right?

1 comment:

J.C. Hanks said...

Hot Cocoa can fix anything!