Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Seniors Love Their Kindles!



Will paper books disappear? I’ve always thought the answer was no. Electronic books will not disappear but I’m changing my mind about hard covers and paper backs sticking around. My reason is I sold some books at an arts and crafts Fair on Saturday.  My sales were to thirty-something mothers.  Many of the more interested customers were seniors. They loved mysteries and promised to read my books but they didn’t buy a single copy. 

What they did do was took bookmarks and post cards with the books’ information.  I asked them how they read. They all had electronic readers. They loved their Kindles. They did miss paper books but loved the ability to make the type bigger. They also liked that they could carry so many books in one small package.  They had no plans to ever buy paper books again. They collected dust.

One woman didn’t have a Kindle but had asked her husband for one for Christmas. She wanted us to tell her husband how easy they were to use.  I chatted with the man and told him how nice it would be for her to have my books already loaded and gave him information. I think she will be a happy on Christmas. Santa heard her plea.
 
My wish for all of you is health and happiness this holiday season and that your electronic readers come loaded with Mitch Malone Mysteries. For reviews, synopsis and other information check out http://wasgager.com  or you can enter for a chance to win a free book on the Murder We Write Blog tour that goes through next Monday. Post a comment on my blog at http://wsgager.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas.
Wendy Gager




Award winning mystery author W.S. Gager has lived in Michigan for most of her life except when she was interviewing race car drivers or professional woman's golfers. She enjoyed the fast-paced life of a newspaper reporter until deciding to settle down and realized babies didn't adapt well to running down story details on deadline. Since then she honed her skills on other forms of writing before deciding to do what she always wanted with her life and that was to write mystery novels. Her main character is Mitch Malone who is an edgy crime-beat reporter always on the hunt for the next Pulitzer and won't let anyone stop him. Her third book, A CASE OF HOMETOWN BLUES, was a finalist in the 2012 Daphne Du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense. A CASE OF VOLATILE DEEDS, her fourth in the Mitch series will be out this February.

No comments: