Thursday, November 22, 2012

Being Thankful

Since today is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd mention a few things I'm thankful for - this list is by no means complete or we'd be here for about a month. But I thought I'd list a few of the really important ones.

My family - I'm so grateful for the unconditional love, the insane bouts of laughter and the sense of peace and belonging I feel with my husband, sons, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. I love them all.

My friends - I'm grateful for the same unconditional love, insane bouts of laughter and sense of peace and belonging with my friends. I'm so incredibly lucky to have the friends that I do.

My cats - again with the unconditional love. Also, they keep me warm while I'm writing.

My home - it may not be perfect, but we have enough to eat, a roof over our heads and if nothing else, the crazy neighbors double as book fodder.

My jobs - writing and editing have allowed me to stay home with my kids which is something I always wanted to do as a parent and I'm thrilled that I've been able to manage it.

My favorite authors - for putting out books to escape into and to inspire me to write my own.

My home state - Michigan is an amazingly beautiful place to live and I'm reminded of that every day.

My writing group - Yep - that's you people - GRRWG. I'm thankful for your friendship and support - not just to me, but to all our members, our guests and the community at large.

If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I wish you awesome food, a full belly and wonderful companionship. If you plan to brave Black Friday, I wish you safety, luck and good deals. And if you're winding down on NaNo, I wish you effortless plot.

2 comments:

Simone Anderson said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for being a wonderful friend. :)

Patricia Kiyono said...

We are soooo thankful for you!