Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Let's pretend it's the 25th...


Yesterday when I was getting ready for work I thought. “My blog date for GRRWG must be soon…” Then I realized that I’d missed it by two days. LOL whoops!  That’s sort of how my life has been lately though.  (I back posted this so it looked like I posted on the right day though... LOL!)
As many of you know my 97 yr old Grandpa lives with me and my mom.  He’s got Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and Dementia.  Just under two weeks ago he started to decline in his health.  In fact he declined so quickly that out of town family was called and I seriously thought he wasn’t going to make it more than a few more days.  But, being the strong willed guy that he is, he’s still hanging in there.  He’s definitely still declining and is showing the signs of end stage CHF, so we’re getting ready for the inevitable, but for now he’s hanging in there and so are we. :)
With the extra stress though there’s been little to no writing, some knitting, and lots of games on FB and Pogo because those are pretty much all I have the brain power for.  Plus my attention span is that of a gnat on speed.  I’ve done a little reading too, in fact when all this first started I read a whole book in one sitting since I couldn’t sleep.  Basically I work and then I’m home and I’m okay with that.  It’s hard and it sucks but I know that having my Gramps home is the best thing for him and the hospice people are pretty cool most of the time.
I am going to get a little break this weekend though.  My best friend and I are going to a Twilight convention in Novi tomorrow.  LOL It’s a first for both of us, but we’re both Twilight geeks and thought it would be fun.  If anything, I’ll be able to write a Twicon into a book now, right? :)  I can only imagine some of the interesting things we’ll see.
Sorry again for the late post. I hope your muse is playing nicely and your word counts are high!
Hugs,
Kel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have much strength and courage to continue fighting alongside your grandpa. It shows the love for family and how important he is. No worries on writing specifically. It sounds like you are hanging in there and doing well under the circumstances.

Kelsey St. James said...

Thank you so much for your comment. :)

Kel