Friday, June 22, 2012

A conversation that must be shared.

So, I'm desperately packing to leave on my writers retreat vacation tomorrow and I was talking to my oldest son about packing up my computer so I could work while I'm up north.

We just had the following conversation:


Killian: Wait, wait, wait.

Me: What?

Killian: You're going on vacation.

Me: Right.

Killian: And you're going to be writing?

Me: Yeah-huh.

Killian: That's not a vacation! That's just working in a different location.

You know...he's right, but yet, not.

It's actually going to be a treat to work in a different place. I'll be on the shores of Lake Superior with no one asking me for supper, no one needing clean undies, no one wanting me to translate my questionable handwriting in the checkbook register. It's just going to be me, the story, the lake and a bunch of other writers who want to spend time with their stories, too.

Sounds like heaven to me. :)

2 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

It absolutely sounds like heaven! Hope you have a great time and get LOTS of writing done.

Tess Grant said...

It sounds like heaven to me too. Go forth and write!