Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So many conferences, so little time

by Suzanne Graham

This is the week of the big Romantic Times Conference, and I must say that I've been fighting the green-eyed monster when I think of all the fabulous writers from GRRWG who will be attending. I'd love to be driving down to Chicago with them, rubbing elbows with my favorite bestselling authors, wining and dining with editors and publishers.

But alas, money and time are not infinite, and earlier in the year, I had to make the decision about which conferences I would attend. So, I picked something old and something new.

I'm pleased to be going back to Chicago North's Spring Fling at the end of April for my third time, where I'll renew friendships from the conferences of 2008 and 2010. Then, I'll be attending the new-to-me Authors After Dark Conference in August in New Orleans. I've heard this one is a big blowout reader/author party, and I'm plenty excited.

What about you? Where are you going this year to recharge your writing battery and renew your enthusiasm for all things related to books?


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Suzanne, I'm more green, because I'm not attending either Chicago conference due to a major family holiday. I'm hoping to attend something later in the summer but can't commit until I know where we'll be living. Have a wonderful time at Spring Fling!

Patricia Kiyono said...

I wish I could attend both, too, but I'll be going to Spring Fling as well. Looking forward to it!

Joselyn Vaughn said...

I wish I could go to Spring Fling, but that whole budget thing is really a bugger. Hope you guys have a wonderful time!