Saturday, April 14, 2012

Learning about Werewolves with Tess Grant

Thursday night I attended a great program with the author of Trajectories, Tess Grant. In it, she talked about werewolves, the origin of the legend, much-too-local sightings of 'werewolves' (the Dogman), how to identify a werewolf kill, and most importantly, how to kill a werewolf. (I will be investing in punji sticks at some point and scouring garage sales for silver to tip them with. They are said to be very effective against werewolves, vampires and even zombies. Woohoo!)

I finally remembered to take pictures at the end of the presentation. (It was that good.)

Yes, those are bones on the table. (Not human, thankfully.) She brought them to demonstrate the markings made by a werewolf. 



If you haven't read Trajectories,  you have to check it out. Buy it at Amazon.


4 comments:

marianne said...

Woohoo. I wonder if there a werewolves in the desert. I think I'll follow Joselyn's lead and invest in punji sticks, just in case. Great job, Tess.

Patricia Kiyono said...

Wish I could have been there. I'm sure you were great, Tess! Congratulations on the release of Trajectories.

Tess Grant said...

We had some fun!

Since punji sticks are pretty all-purpose, I would recommend investing in some. :)

Steven Bollinger said...

It looks like you have a great writers group. We are having a Children's Book Publishing seminar on May 4th in Grand Rapids and we are looking for ways to promote the event. Do you have any suggestions on how to reach authors who want to learn about publishing their own children's book? Here is the link to our website for the event.
http://bit.ly/HNXkMy