Saturday, March 10, 2012

Achieving Success

by Suzanne Graham

Whew! Thank goodness Winter NaNo is over for another year! For the past 4 weeks, several members of GRRWG have been writing 8K a week to achieve a grand total of 32K words in 28 days.

It was a great time for me to participate in this challenge. I've made it a goal this year to write more, and this really kept me at it during the difficult month of February when I'm tempted to huddle under a blanket and watch movies all day up here in cold Michigan.

During NaNo, I finished the rough draft of a new book that will be released on May 23!!! I sold this book and the following two in the trilogy based on a proposal to my editor at Resplendence Publishing.

Whoot! That's the first sale I've made by proposal.

This trilogy is in a new genre for me. Yes, it still has multiple partner loving. :D But this one takes place on a distant planet called Profortuna in the future year, 3022. If you'd like to learn a little about the history of Profortuna, check out my blog post here.

The first book of the trilogy is Anna and the Three Generals. To read an introduction of Anna, check out this blog post.

So today, I am very happy to celebrate my two recent successes - finishing GRRWG's Winter NaNo Challenge and selling 3 new books!


1 comment:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Double congratulations to you! Having a challenge like NaNo really helps us get things done, doesn't it? Best wishes on your new venture.