Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Writing to Write



I can't tell you how wonderful it is to write on a regular basis. I started a new blogging project. There have been moments I do NOT want to write; yet I make myself. The ending result includes smiling at the completion and feeling accomplished. Then I turn around and write again because constantly writing is becoming a habit with time.

My short words of wisdom to people who are trying to advance their writing skills:
* make yourself write even if you don't want to write
* don't critique as you write, just do it
* get a writing partner as it makes all the difference in meeting deadlines and goals
* if you are struggling with formatting your writing, buy software if needed:
- Final Draft is great for scriptwriting
- Scrivener is perfect for novels
* join a writing group; it makes writing enjoyable
* don't set unrealistic goals
* and be creative while having fun writing!

No comments: