Saturday, February 4, 2012

My First SALE!!!

by Andrea Dickinson

Oooo! I'm jumping over the moon this month.

I've sold my first contemporary romance, Baltimore Heat!

It will be released April 25.
Just in time for Chicago-North's Spring Fling Conference, so I can participate in the book-signing.

This is a book that I almost didn't write. The initial scene came to me one night as I was trying to get to sleep. I got out of bed and wrote into the wee hours of the morning. Then I put it to the side. I was in the middle of writing another book at the time, and didn't want to get distracted.

Six months later, I considered opening the file, but I wasn't sure I was the correct person to write this story. It's an interracial romance between a white woman and a black man, and an important piece of the story takes place with Marcus's family. I didn't know if I could present his family dynamics authentically. With the encouragement of several writer friends, I completed the story. And now it's going to be published!!! Whoo Hoo!

Here's a little blurb to introduce you to Raquel and Marcus:

At the end of a busy workweek, young businesswoman Raquel Walsh merely wants to shorten the distance between her and the train station while she searches for a taxi. She never expects to find herself lost in a rough Baltimore neighborhood, the victim of a mugging and the unexpected houseguest of the grandmother of a retired, professional basketball player.

Marcus Jones isn’t in the market for a new woman as he nears the end of his self-imposed year of celibacy after his vicious breakup with his last gold-digging girlfriend. Having to play host to a homeless woman for the weekend is messing with his plans, as Raquel distracts him with her curvy, womanly figure and her tendency to land on her face.

2 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Congratulations, Andrea! This sounds like a winner.

Tess Grant said...

Congrats, Andrea!