Thursday, January 12, 2012

Laws of Attraction

If you've ever read (of been on Netflix and have seen) The Secret, you should. It deals with the "strongest force in the universe" which is the law of attraction. Don't worry, they explain and it's pretty compelling. It discusses how you can live your best life now, filled with abundance and positive thinking.

But I like to overreach. I know, you're surprised. I liked the presentation of the law so much, that I decided to apply it... EVERYWHERE!

Case in point: Bronwyn Green (love you honey, but we all know this is true), has a freak magnet. Strange strangers approach her all the time to tell her random personal stuff. John Denver stuff. Hanging out, trapped, in the car repair shop stuff. Reading over her shoulder stuff. It's hilarious. I propose that she knows it's going to happen, expects it to happen and therefore "by the laws of attraction!" (attach echoing announcer's voice to that), she brings it to herself.

Having used that as my example, then, you can understand why my ridiculous dating experience is all my fault. Like Bronwyn, I attract my own brand of freaks. Now, I'm not saying that my following script is freaky because someone has a...leaning, but because the guys I talk to don't seem to know their audience. Or try to know their audience before they hit me with the big guns.

Another case in point, ala true story:













~Mia

Mia Watts also writes as Katie Blu. You can find her at www.MiaWatts.com, www.MiaWatts.blogspot.com, Twitter: MiaWatts, Facebook: Mia Watts, and on  Thursdays www.ThreeWickedWriters.blogspot.com

New Releases: Nailing the Boss, Katie Blu (EC for Men line, EllorasCave.com)
Upcoming: Skin Deep, Katie Blu (Resplendence Publishing, January 25th)

3 comments:

J.C. Hanks said...

ROFL!! Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to have ended up with a normal and amazing guy. :)

Mia Watts said...

Does he have any single brothers??

J.C. Hanks said...

Nope. But I'm sure I could make a bundle if I could just clone him. :)