Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 is MY year





Like most people, I make New Year's resolutions on January 1 each year that are usually skipped by January 7 and totally forgotten by February 1. I'm sure I'm not alone.  Most people can't remember what they resolved the previous year except that it was probably something about starting a diet or a healthier life style.

But this year, that's going to change. 

The crazies keep telling us that the world is going to end in 2012, so if I'm ever going to accomplish my dreams, this year is it. 

No, I'm not talking about a diet or losing weight...good Lord, I've worked for decades to build this shape, why would I want to mess with it now? Besides, if I'm going to spend Eternity without cheesecake and coffee, I'm sure not going to deprive myself of them now -- and Prime Rib, got to have Prime Rib and Carrot Cake and cream curls -- yes, definitely cream curls. Oh and we can't forget M&Ms and Lake Perch dinners and ....

Okay, so maybe I could work on that food addiction, too. :D 

But seriously, whether the world ends or not (NOT!) I absolutely refuse to waste another day making excuses.  I've given myself a bad case of Paralysis by Analysis over my writing by comparing it to my favorite authors, other member's writers, and some vague ideal set forth by my inner editor.  Well, this is it!  Let this serve as notice to Ms. Inner Editor that you are being sent on a long term vacation.  I will summon you when I am ready to see you.  I will no longer be dictated by your whims.  So tale off for Cancun, Cabo or wherever you choose to go because you are no longer welcome to reside in my head.

My mother used to tell me: "How you begin the new year is how you will end the year." So, New Year's Day, I decided to spend the day relaxing and writing since those are the things I enjoy the most (after my wonderful family of course).  The day was wonderful.  I hated for it to end.  Mom, I hope you are right, and I'll finish the year having just as much writing fun.

Hope all of you have a wonderful 2012, too.  May all your wishes and personal dreams come true!

~ Stephanie

1 comment:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Happy New Year to you, too! Good luck getting rid of your inner editor - she's a pretty big part of you - that's what makes you a top notch critique partner! I'm looking forward to reading your finished novel this year.