Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wiggle Room

By Tanya Eby

Soooo….I took a few months off of the GRRWG blog. Not because I don’t love GRRWG. I do. But I got a little busy/overwhelmed with wedding planning, back to school, and then life in general. But I’m back and trying to figure out, once again, how to balance it all.

I still haven’t figured it out, but I’m trying.

In terms of writing, I’ve decided to take a break from novels for a while. I’ve been writing short stories. I’ve written a literary story, a scary story, and a sci-fi story. (If you haven't read the scary story yet, check it out HERE.) Next up is another sci-fi story with a bit of a Twilight Zone feel to it. It’s so different from my comedic writing, but I’m finding it really enjoyable. I like how finite a story it is. How it’s just a zeroing in on a particular time and place and event. But I think it’s good muscle exercise for novels.

Still trying to find an agent. Still trying to get the new book published. Still working full time and then some. Still a mom. Now a wife too. Still cooking for the family. Still moving on. Still writing in between it all.

I guess it really isn’t a balancing act at all. You don’t have to juggle everything at one time…It’s more of a wiggling act. Wiggle something in this way, wiggle something in that way. Wiggle a little more time for the things that are important.

GRRWG is important to me, and even though I could do a hundred other projects right now, I’ve decided to do my monthly blog. And then I’ll move on to the next thing.

One benefit of wiggling with all these things, I have to say, I’m rarely bored. (Plus, wiggling is stimulating. Especially when you wear tight pants. Ahem.)

Now…time to wiggle in some exercise and then write a little more.

3 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

We're so glad you wiggled over here to share your thoughts, Tanya! Best wishes on your recent marriage. Hopefully, this is going to be a help to you - having a partner to share the wiggling act is a real advantage.

Tanya Eby said...

Awww! Thanks, Patti! Yep. Life is getting better and better, and my husband loves my writing. :)

J.C. Hanks said...

I have the same problem with pants feeling "tight" after schlubbing around in yoga pants. ;)

Welcome back! We've missed you.