Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One of those Mondays


Note: The Turkey Drop for Mel Trotter is happening the same day this post goes live, so I'm writing this ahead of time as I will be doing that and most likely forget...which is why it's about my Monday.  Thanksgiving is around the corner and it always reminds me to be thankful for having a roof over my head, food on the table, people and pets that love me, and my hubby.  He's a Saint, although he'll never admit it!


I'm having one of those Mondays...the kind where you dash out the door with wet hair, knowing full well you'll be late to your first meeting because you just KNOW you'll hit every red light on the way there.  Which was close...I was 10 minutes late, but due to a McDonald's truck who got himself a bit stuck trying to basically make a U-turn out of the McDonald's and onto the freeway on-ramp.  (Drivers in Michigan don't seem to understand that big rigs can't maneuver like cars and have really bad blind spots, yes lady in the Hummer that got in his way, I'm talking to you!)



So, it comes as no big surprise that I accidentally posted today's JC Hanks blogpost on the GRRWG blog and vica versa.  Thank God for cut-and-paste!!  I'm hoping no one wandered by while it was live...not that there's anything to hide, but I think anyone would be confused by my reference to my character's names.

The rest of the day will get better though.  I will finally get my exposed molar covered appropriately with a new crown this afternoon(I wish it was a sparkly one for my head instead!), and I'll get to snuggle up with a blanket and my laptop for some more writing after that.  Plus I have another vintage machine that I'll be doing some work on the bentwood case for and cleaning up the old girl for resale to someone who simply wants her for decoration.  Which is even better as I need to steal parts from her (and why I bought her to begin with).

And in 4.5 days I will be on vacation for the first time in over a year!  I'm not going anywhere, as I have writing to do for NaNoWriMo and ROAR.  But, I will get to see some of my favorite recent college grads while they're in town and have lunch with a few friends that I haven't seen in months.

1 comment:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Sounds like you NEED a vacation! Maybe once you slow down, the muse will catch up with you. Enjoy.