Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Traditions



I'm no Martha Stewart, but I love to make things for Christmas. One of my holiday traditions is to make stockings for each of my children and grandchildren. They're not huge stockings - just big enough for a candy cane and several pieces of chocolate. I decorate them with whatever strikes my fancy. Sometimes it's an embroidered design, sometimes it's something painted on, and other times it's something pretty tacked on to the side. The kids always take their stockings home, so I don't know if they're kept or not. But they've learned to expect their stockings, and I'm happy to make them.
This year, I have another project I'm very pleased to share. It's my holiday novella, The Christmas Phoenix. It's a story about an overworked single mom and her new neighbor. I picked some unusual occupations for this couple - she's a snowplow driver, and he's an ice sculptor! It's gotten some decent reviews so far, so if you're looking for a cozy holiday read, I'm hoping you'll reach for this one! It's available at Astraea Press, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Here's my lovely cover, designed by the mega-talented Elaina Lee:

Here's wishing everyone a very merry Christmas!

Patty Kiyono

5 comments:

T L Doezema said...

Thinking of starting a new christmas project-- possibly tradition! instead of buying a 30 some dollar christmas wreath, i bought a plain one and I'm hoping to buy some decorations from hobby lobby so my step-daughter and I can decorate it next time she comes. :) Glad to hear your book is doing so well!

Patricia Kiyono said...

Projects you do with your kids are the most fun, Terri, and the kids remember them, too! Good luck!

Tess Grant said...

The girls and I are hoping to make fabric wreaths for each grandma this year. Here's hoping we get it done!

Love that cover, Patty!

Patricia Kiyono said...

I used to love doing crafts with my daughters! Now I look forward to doing projects with my grandkids. Have fun with the fabric wreaths, Tess!

Bronwyn Green said...

I love holiday crafts - I think it's so cool that you make stocking every year! Do you take pictures of them each year?