Monday, August 8, 2011

Bit of Complication Mixed with Happiness

I can't tell you how many paragraphs I've written thinking I'm going to stick with this topic for the blog. Yet, I change the topic. So this is the sentence I've decided I'm keeping because it allows for change.

There is so much on my mind. I have more than enough words to write with ideas flowing quickly and not the ability to type fast enough. But not all the ideas flow together. So, I suppose I'll start with the most prominent thought at the moment.

Life is difficult. The older I get the more I'm realizing life will never be easy- as there is always something that causes a complication for most adults. Yet, the adults that stay positive, focused, and strong, they seem to get through any situation. I admire those people, and I hope to be like them.

I've finally taken the rose-tinted-glasses off and accepted that this is one of the hardest times in my life. I'm working on improving my health. I'm also trying to get back in shape- as being down and out for 10 months does have its setbacks. I'm in transition trying to meet new friends while staying close to family. I'm also tired of feeling alone but don't know where to begin to meet people. I'm accepting the fact that a relationship I valued is officially over- not by choice- and it is time to move on. And I don't want to work more than 1 job. So, maybe there are options to consider. Can any of you relate to having hardships like this? If so, how did you overcome everything to become the strong individual you are today?

Now that I am starting to accept there are hardships, I would say it is time to start doing something about it. I have a few ideas on what to do. First thing first, understand everything comes with small steps. Make a plan, go slow, and work towards the final goal.

However, I'm struggling with meeting people. How do you meet people? I'm hoping to meet young adults- professionals in their late 20's or early 30's. I'm no longer in college. Most people at my place of work are married. And though I'm involved in a gym and go to a coffee shop occasionally, I haven't been able to meet any friends. Have any ideas on how to improve your social circle?

These are things I have been thinking about as of late. I write about it because I figured you might have some advice to help with meeting people and becoming successful. You are all writers, living the dream, with wonderful friends and family, while mastering your personal goals. Have any helpful tips? :)

Staying positive and wanting to end with a fun story, I must tell you about this past weekend. I finished a camping trip at Sterling State Park in Monroe, MI with my family. I realize I have been blessed with a wonderful family! I can't tell you how much I love my brother, sister-in-law, nephews and niece along with the family friends. Plus, the outdoors, nature trails, and the sun are great... however, a little sun can go a long way. And, I'll take a tent over a pop-up-camper any day- as using a tent is the real way to go camping. And don't forget, ALL technology must stay at home: no cell phones, computers, or electronic games. If you haven't tried it, I would recommend it. Being in fresh air, with lots of exercise, nature surrounding you, and swimming in Lake Erie, it is wonderful. Then, end the evening with a campfire and stars twinkling above. Oh it is beautiful! Even when the rain hits, there is something magical about the whole event. A little swimming, a little relaxing, and then a little sleeping, how it heals the soul. Vacation equals priceless.

Happy thoughts and happy writing! :) Next blog, I'll probably share a small portion of one of the stories I'm working on. Until then, I hope all is going well for you, and I can't wait to see you all soon.

3 comments:

chocoaddict said...

Jen, it sounds like you're taking all the steps toward getting your life on track. You've figured out what's important and being thankful for what you have. All I can say is - be patient, keep your spirits up, and the rest will fall into place. We're looking forward to seeing you!

Patty K

Jenn said...

Thanks Patty! :)

J.C. Hanks said...

Unfortunately, I have no solid ideas for you on expanding your social circle. I can't remember how I've met all of my friends, but I can tell you that 12 years ago I packed up and moved out of my native state. In that 12 years, I've made friends with amazingly wonderful people that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I didn't go looking, we all just seemed to find each other...many through my work, some through professional organizations and some just from a common interest - needlework addicts. Just keep your heart open and be yourself. Amazing things can happen!