Thursday, August 4, 2011

How do you get your sparks flying?

I watched a delightful romantic comedy today called My Girlfriend's Boyfriend. The hero is an unpublished writer who has just been given the final death blow to his writing dream...until he meets the heroine at a cafe. She provides the inspiration and passion to propel his work into the publishable reign.

It was a cute and clever (you'll never see the twist coming) look into a writer's life, and really highlighted how passion in a writer's personal life can influence his/her art.

So my question to you is, what happens when you lose or forget that passionate feeling? How do you bring it back to your consciousness? Do you watch movies, read books, remember your first date with your loved one? Or do you go out and seek that passion in a new relationship?

1 comment:

Tess Grant said...

What happens when I lose that feeling? Beg, beg, beg someone to babysit so I can have a date night! DH and I are pretty simple--usually seeing each other works!