Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting Back on Track

I apologize for forgetting to blog the last several times; however, I can say I am working on getting back on track. I'm also learning personal hardships may set us back, but it's how we choose to overcome the hardships that allows us to grow as individuals.

Looking back on the past ten months, I feel like I have been a walking disaster. I broke my foot. By the time the foot was healed and I was getting back to a normal lifestyle, I broke my leg. I am just starting to get back to a healthy lifestyle again, but I'm learning it is important to take things slow.

Having my life back, I feel great. My attitude is positive, health improving, exercising is good-- I am back to running a mile for now- but still no tennis, I enjoy work, I'm back to writing in the evenings, and am realizing how blessed I am to have a great family, friends, and job. And to top it off, I have a few small vacations coming up that I am looking forward to. Yeah!!! :)

Though this may be my story, I ask individuals to look to themselves. How do you feel? Are things going good for you? And if not, why are things not good? It is surprising when you actually take a few minutes to breathe, take a step back, and take a glance at your life. Even when you think things are difficult there is always positive in the midst of doom. The object is not to focus on the doom but focus on the positive. Even though we all have our personal struggles, the struggles make us stronger and usually bring strength and positive outcomes to our lives.

As of late, I have come across many people that are struggling with a problem. These people get so down on themselves. They think they are the only person with problems. Reality check, talk to other people. Volunteer to help out with whatever is personally found interesting. Turn the frown upside down and find a positive each and every day. And don't give up on personal dreams and goals. We must remember, if we want something bad enough we must be willing to work for the final goal.

To conclude this short topic, what made you smile today? What was something you enjoyed or you feel successful accomplishing? Or what was something wonderful that happened in your day? I guarantee there has to be something, even if it is something small. And by thinking about a positive don't you feel happier, blessed, and successful? Remember, anything is possible with the willingness to work and the right attitude.

4 comments:

chocoaddict said...

Well said, Jenn. A positive attitude will take you a long way. It's good to see you back here! Hope the medical issues are all cleared up.

Patty K

Cheryl said...

Jenn, I applaud your positive attitude. You reap what you sow, etc. I'm sure you're on an upswing and you'll receive wonderful things going forward.
What made me smile today? Loading my book to Amazon's Kindle format. The first step in a super self-publishing career.

Tess Grant said...

I always need a positive role model! Thanks, Jenn

J.C. Hanks said...

I figure if I have a roof over my head and food on the table and can still walk, I'm good. I did a stint of living in the car during college and was happy I had a hatchback with fold down seats. Really makes you appreciate a roof, no matter how big or small. :)