Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reality Check

I do believe reality is more interesting than fiction. The twists and turns, the ups and downs, the events we experience. As writers, we learn to take the good, the bad, and then incorporate these events into our writings.

When writing short stories, several of the characters I have created are based on people I know. I develop the personalities to fit into the story. Making sure there is a solid storyline is important, but then I use the idea and let the words flow onto the page slowly creating a masterpiece.

Writing what you feel sometimes works best. Other times, simply developing an idea is equally as powerful as emotions. Whatever works for you, the goal is to keep writing.

The past two months, I will admit I have not been the best at writing. There has been so much going on. But now that life events are starting to slow down, it is time to let the words start flowing and let the ideas develop.

Good luck with your writing! I'll be writing right along with you. :)

1 comment:

chocoaddict said...

Welcome to the group, Jenn! You're so right - many of my characters are based on people I know. But others come entirely from my imagination. It depends on the story. Good luck on your writing!

Patty