Friday, January 14, 2011

Peace and Calm

You won't believe how excited I was to read Patty's blog about how calm and peaceful 2011 was going to be.  I thought that is exactly what I need - things starting go more smoothly.  Good days at the Vaughn household are hectic.  Bad days - well, I'm not sure I can describe them without using punctuation instead of letters or words my mother doesn't like (She still spells B-R-A-T and N-U-T-S.) Let's just say, there are two whiny beagles, three headstrong toddlers and me to wrangle them all.

Calm sounds so wonderful.  I envisioned fairies and unicorns dancing on rainbows and all three kids playing nicely together for hours on end while I finished my next book and all sort of other impossible things.

And then the stomach flu hit.  And not just the 'I feel kinda queasy; I'll pass on supper' flu.  To steal one of Bronwyn's words, it was 'barftastic.'

This, of course, after we'd spent the previous week scouring the entire house and laundering every piece of fabric that would fit in the washing machine to alleviate the symptoms of my son's newly discovered dust mite allergy. My washer and dryer may go on strike, but the good news is that he doesn't seem as stuffy.

So far, I'm not seeing the calm and peace.  Either 2011 is going to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb or anything will seem peaceful after this week. :-)

1 comment:

Bronwyn Green said...

You poor thing - I bet you're *still* recovering. :(

Here's hoping that the coming months bring you a decided lack of chaos...and also barf. Oh yeah, and time to write!